The former Central Garage in Conduit Street became McDonalds in the 1980’s.
WH Smith & Son
WH Smith & Son relocated from this location in the 1960’s after a compulsory purchase order was made for fourteen parcels of land to create the Bird Street car park behined the shop.  The shop would of stood were the...
F J Long and Son Ltd
F J Long and Son Ltd was on Dam Street. This area is now part of the HSBC bank on the corner of Market Street.  On the far right of the photo is Farquhar Sweets and Groceries, now Tales Press (2019). Two of the spires of Lichfield...
Prince of Wales
A public house has been at this location since the early 1800’s. It became the Prince of Wales around 1848 and continued to be until breweries became fascinated with themed pubs in the 1980 and 90’s. The pub became known by many...
Pizza By Goli !!
Pizza, By Goli !! has been open for over three decades and is starting to look a little tried in this photo from 2008.  By 2014 the restaurant had a make over with a fresh coat of paint and a new sign.
T Purves
T Purves was a general store on Tamworth Street for many years, later to become Pizza by Goli.
Pearks Store and Warehouse
This general store sat on the corner of Bird Street and Sandford Street for many years. First seen on a postcard from around 1910. The corner was redeveloped in the 1960/70’s and discount store opened.
The Horse and Jockey
The pub has stood here on Sandford Street since the 1700’s on what was once one of the main ways out of the city. In the 1960’s the pub was located next door to a Newsagents and butchers, fast forward to 2018 and both the shops...
There was no shortage of shoe shops in Lichfield but Frisby’s had the longest trading history first opening in the city in 1909.

You may also like...