Old Crown Hotel
The Old Crown was a coaching Inn dating back to the early 1700’s and extended part way up the shopping precinct.  The Inn closed in 1983, and unfortunately the grade II listed building fell down during refubishment work. The Inn...
Royce womens clothes shop opened in the 1960’s in Market Street.
The Kitchen Shop
Founded by Barry and Hilary Woolston the shop first opened as the Cookmate kitchen shop in 1982. The shop under went a refurbishment in 2009.
Marks & Spencer Simply Food
Marks & Spencer was the first to open in this part of the new shopping centre. The location is roughly where the old Olivers shoe shop was located in the old shopping precinct. Simply Food closed in February 2019 once the lease came up...
R.A.F. Buildings off Anglesey Road
Three years after the end of the Second World war the RAF buildings off Anglesey Road were converted for use as a primary school for the local area. Originally named the Curborough Road county primary school the name was changed in 1958 to...
F Collins & Son
The old bakery on St. John Street is now the Ruby restaurant.
One of three sites Kennings had in Lichfield, this one on Upper St John Street was originally the Hiskins Bros.Garage. Ernest Hiskins started the business on St John Street in 1956 after moving back to the city in 1950. He also ran the...
Pearce Fishmonger
One of only a couple of fishmongers in the city the shop on Bird Street remained open until the 1970’s. Now the location of Kiss XX bridal wear.
Susans Baby Wear
Susans Baby Wear on Market Street in the 1960’s. Later to become the lefthand side of the Britannia Building Society.
Gents Hair Saloon
This local hair saloon on St John Street in the 1960’s is now the Ruby Takeaway.

You may also like...